How to Use the Timesheet Calculator
Once you collect your employees’ hours, it’s time to start running payroll. This free timesheet calculator will automatically calculate total hours, regular hours, overtime, and total gross pay. Remember to calculate overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a week or eight in a day by 1.5 or 2 times their base hourly rate, depending on your state. Be sure to familiarize yourself with state laws.
- Enter employees’ hours for each day of the work week.
- Download the file
Avoid errors using this timecard calculator by following these suggestions:
- Double-check total hours worked for accuracy
- Be sure the correct base pay is entered
- Allot for overtime/double time
- If someone turns in an illegible/damaged timesheet, contact them to get the correct information
- Be sure to calculate overtime/double time pay for holidays worked, where applicable
Use this simple free online timesheet calculator to keep track of your employee’s hours. Enter hours worked, breaks, and hourly wage for a weekly or bi-weekly total of estimated pay for your employees. An accurate work hours calculator helps you stay compliant.